Friday, January 28, 2005

Me and my "roommate"

So, most of you that have lived as closeted pillow-biters have probably told countless unknowing friends and coworkers that you have a "roommate". Yet, roommates don't buy houses together, get a puppy, adopt a chinese baby and make each other their 401k beneficiaries. Realistically (and keep in mind, I still use this term on a regular basis), when we say "roommate", we mean partner... lover... BOYFRIEND...or at the very least, current f*ck.

My "roommate" is incredible. It may sound naive to some of you, but I'm so retardly in love. We're both at the exact same place, emotionally, and....out-ed-ly? He does have a couple of things on me, however (aside from the obvious!)...

He's responsible. I'm a total artist. He plans our finances like, ten years in advance. I almost went bankrupt as a server at a very pricey restaurant because I CANNOT operate on tip money. Cash in the pocket is more Kenneth Cole over a paid utility bill, every time...

He knows when to be reserved and listen. I have a big freakin' mouth. Seriously, I was the kid whose grade school report cards always said "Very smart, talks too much."

He's completely organized. Once again, an artist. I like a spotlessly clean place, but lets be honest, I'd be more likely to eat cereal out of a plate (yes, it can be done) than wash a bowl...

And again, no matter how naive y'all think this sounds, we've been together for almost three years, and we'll be together forever. He's the yin to my yang, or the yang to my yin, or he yangs on my yin...one of those. But there is one thing I've got on the boy....I'm about ten years younger, and I rub that in as often as necessary!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home